Naismith Legacy Tour: Mobile tour based on sportsmanship, respect, dignity, teamwork, diversity, education.
Mobile tour based on a walk through format called Naismith Legacy Tour: Basketball, Its Origin and Development and includes core values like respect, sportsmanship, faith, service, diversity, hope, education, citizenship & love of others, We have collected over 100 items that represent the best in the history of basketball and honors the life & legacy of Dr. James Naismith.
- Naismith Legacy Award
- Naismith’s tie to the YMCA
- Pictures from the Naismith archives
- Rare books, basketballs and articles
- Copy of the 13 Original Rules of Basketball
- Development and growth of basketball throughout the world
How does the process for the Tour Exhibit Work?
- Contact our office to schedule the best dates based on your NL Days & Clinic.
- As long as you are able to meet the 60 player requirement for the clinic, we are able to provide you with this unique Tour Event free of charge. See FAQ sheet for details.
- If needed, recruit a local sponsor to cover player fees and gather a few volunteers to help with set up/tear down of the exhibit.
- Promote to local schools, all levels of sports teams, churches, coach/official associations, local community to participate. This event can be used as a membership drive, an organizational wide promotional event or other unique custom opportunities relevant to you.